How do I brand myself? 1 answer on
View my answer from Quora
3. Now startegize about what objectives you would like to achieve e.g. would you like to be a moderator i.e. bring people in your field together and introduce topics worth discussing? Or you would be creating original content and sharing with your followers? and so on…
It really depends on you approach about what you wish to achieve.
3. Make a list of primary and secondary stakeholders whom you would want to influence and find a best way to reach them online. Find where they are in what sort of discussions are they currently engaged.
4. Engage with the purpose of establishing relationships with them and not hard sell. Slowly introduce to them what you have to offer and establish the value in you.
What you should avoid is?
1. Premature discussions about your expertise and your offerings.
2. Using social media as one way communication platform i.e.pushing information at your audience without engagement.
What you should definitely have?
1. Cultivate online relationships i.e. people through whom your value resonates.
2. Engage, respond to queries, admit when you have been wrong, appreciate others opinion and above all reciprocate and say thank you.
3. A listening mechanism so that you know what people are talking about you and through which mediums. Try simple tools like Google Alerts, Socialmention etc